I am in the process of starting a high-school chess team at a local high-school in Washington State, specifically the central Kitsap peninsula near Bremerton. I love chess and play whenever I can, but I've never taught chess before, and I've certainly never coached a team before. I'd like to get some contact information for other high-school chess coaches in the area so that I might seek answers to some questions and apply for admission to upcoming tournaments.
What are some of the ways a newly formed chess team can play games with other local teams? Is there a way I can get in touch with other teams? Are there regular tournaments or a season? For example, is chess primarily a fall, winter, or spring sport?
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Here is a website in Oregon that has some list of potential contacts.
Hope this helps
Tony
Post a Comment